View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #5
wbrewski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadillyak View Post
Monday June 24:
Should of known it was going to be a good day when I accidentally ran into a couple doing their thing at 3:45am in their black BMW where I typically launch. Sorry for the interruption, I just wanna get out on the water. LOL. So after they realized that I was gonna be there for a while and they would have to find another spot to continue their mission, off they went. BTW, your old lady forgot her shoes in the rush.

Well like I said in a previous post, I wanted to peddle out at LJ for my bday, but had no takers, so off to the big bay I went. Was a beautiful morning, seeing as how I launched at like 4am. Just wanted to have a nice peddle to the bait barge, pick up some live bait, and try my luck solo. First scoop was dines. I figured go big or go home. I drifted for the next two hours and had a few raked baits and 1 come unbuttoned for my efforts.

It was starting to look like I was gonna get skunked for my bday. Not a chance. Went back to the barge, picked up a scoop of anchovies and it was on like donkey kong. The quality wasn't there, but the numbers sure were. For the next 7-8 hours I drifted and absolutley hammered the fish. I actually had to go and get another scoop of anchovies. I couldn't keep a rod in the water. Good times and a great bday. Got home to watch my hawks win the stanley cup. All in all a great day. I have more

Final count was:
17 halibut, 3 being legal 22in,23in,23in. Legal is legal
12 smooth hound sharks
4 mackrel
4 rays
1 sandie
1 shovelnose

...I kept the shovelnose because I have a buddy that is a chef and he has been dying to get his hands on one. To each their own.

Tight lines,

Cadillyak
What does the bait barge charge for a kayak scoop down there?