View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 11:08 PM   #11
batty1of3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapdawg711 View Post
I'm happy to get checked by the DFG. Makes me feel like I got my money's worth out of my license. lol.

If you ever have the time, schedule a ride-along with a DFG warden. You'll quickly see why they may be a bit "pessimistic" when they approach you. I got a ticket once for shooting ducks in a poorly marked restricted area on Baldwin Lake in Big Bear and decided I should go on a ride along with the very cop that wrote me the ticket. I quickly realized the BS that they put up with. 90% of the boaters we stopped at random on Big Bear Lake did not have a fishing license. We were lucky if they weren't drunk as well. Then came the excuses...blah blah blah, standard stuff.

If a Warden asks you to open up your hatch, you don't have to. You can ask them to get a warrant. If its not in plain view, you're covered under search and seizure constitutional rights. But why bother? I'll gladly open up my hatch for the guys that are keeping the idiots out of the water that are scooping up 18" WSB and kill everything else in site. I'll gladly take out my fishing license to show that I paid into our fisheries so that Game Wardens can crack down on those that don't. I've been good to those guys and have received some great info that resulted in me shooting more birds and catching more fish. I dunno, maybe I'm weird, but since getting a ticket and going on a ride along I have a bunch more respect for those guys. But I get it that they can sometimes come off a bit harsh.
here here i am always happy to see the dfg guys out and about poachers beware i still wear my license in plain sight and mebbe its a bit mean but i love watching them run up on a bucketeer at the bay and whip out that ticket book for no license and undersized fish
batty1of3 is offline   Reply With Quote