View Single Post
Old 04-18-2016, 10:49 AM   #93
Fish Taco

Just wanted to say thanks to Jorge for setting this up & putting it together. I was glad I was healthy enough to make it as the week before I was getting my ass kicked by a respiratory infection. This was my first Mission Bay HOW Classic and the pre-tournament festivities Friday night was great. Great to get to meet and talk with some of the crew a bit and hang out, relax, etc. I definitely agree that 'name tags' should be used next time, I'm horrible at remembering everyone's names and having their "handle" written on them would help too... :-)

I hadn't seriously fished Mission Bay since I was a teenager, so being back on the water here was pretty cool. I need to come down here and fish it more often.

Unfortunately, I miscalculated how long it would take to paddle back on Saturday and missed the post tournament activities (awards, raffles, food, etc.) Watching you guys in the Hobies blow past me sure makes me think harder about making the switch to the dark side on my next kayak upgrade... haha

Also, thanks Jorge for babysitting my big cooler full of beer overnight and during the tourney Sat. - I thought you guys would have made a bigger dent in the suds - I ended coming home with plenty leftover... lol

Looking forward to next year!

Redondo Beach, CA
2011 Malibu Stealth 14
Fish Taco is offline   Reply With Quote