View Single Post
Old 10-26-2015, 11:24 AM   #57
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
BUMP
BTW this would be a GREAT trip for Baja or Bust to take the 2nd half of NOVEMBER 2016, ending up with another THANKSGIVING with the Rossman where ever he is Baja. Maybe he would join us? What say Ross we pick you up in Asuncion and you join us for the trip? This would be a long trip, but you would see a lot of the Baja peninsula. ANYONE INTERESTED?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed View Post
Well I landed 24 needlefish and I'm still here too, w/o a scratch.
Fugu is what I call them too, in a sushichef accent.

Funny story:
I met a cool couple my age from Salem, OR.
They were out walking on the beach, shore fishing and they were separated down the beach by about a mile out Pta Arena. She catches a halibut about 20" on a small rapala in the "surf". Problem is she's also separated from the pliers. The fish is hooked on the rear treble and only one hook so she figures she can unhook it, but realizes it would be bad to get hooked. Sure enough the 'but flips and embeds the other treble into her palm while still hooked to the 'but. She picks up the 'but so as not to rip her palm and heads out the point to her husband. A little bit into it she figures she's closer to help by going back to the hotel and turns around. All the while she says she's apologizing to and consoling the fish, telling it shes really sorry for this. She was really cute telling the story at dinner. We ate the 'but.

She gets to the hotel, removes the fish, someone gets on a quad to go get her husband and they go the the clinic in La Ribera. Couple stitches and a tetanus shot and she's good to go.

Next day they're out at Pta Arena snorkling, and her husband hauls up the steep sandy beach, rolls over to sit and take off his fins and gets zapped in the finger by a small brown ray. Another trip to La Ribera, another couple stitches, and another tetanus shot. They had a great trip!

Jim S, I think you need to do a thru-paddle: Pta Colorada to Cabo Pulmo (Or just before the reserve).

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote