Thread: SD BAY 10/17
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 04:24 PM   #1
todd one

SD BAY 10/17

launch at 7am with linglifter. Conditions were excellent, we thought in was going to be a productive day. That wasn't the case at all. We pedaled all over the bay for about six hour, with a couple little bites to show for it. Tony had to leave about 1pm, and I was determined to get a nice Halibut on my new set up. So Tony donated the rest of his dines to my cause and bailed. I told myself I wasn't leaving until I caught a Hali or I used the last dine. Right about that time thing really got tough. The wind picked up and tide started ripping out so fast I couldn't stop pedaling with out getting pushed back. I would pedal up fifty yards, and drift back with the current, using the pedal to slow the drift. I did this over and over for four hours without a bite. Then finally, abut 5:00 things calmed down. I had three dines left, and figured I had an hour and a half to find big mamma before it got dark. I was a pretty long way from the launch, so I started slow trolling back that was. A half hour later I hooked up. It wasn't big mamma, so I was going to release it. Then I thought, I've been out here for 10 hours and I'm hungry. So I put the pliers down and grabbed the gaff. Now I felt better about my day, now that I caught something. Now I had two dines and a little day light left. I fished a little while longer and decided it was time to call it quits when the hooper were coming out. So I went home and had Halibut that was caught two hours ago.
todd one is offline   Reply With Quote