View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 10:31 AM   #18
BigIslandFishing
Junior

Bixpy Jet

I put the rudder mounted bixpy jet on my hobie rev 11. I took a fishing class and found the distances to get far enough out where the fish are to be a little challenging at my age, especially going against the current or wind.

The rudder mount fits perfectly, basically replacing the Hobie rudder wiht a stubby rudder and quick release system for mounting/removing the bixby jet unit itself. After adjusting the tightening screw a bit on the twist and stow rudder, it retracts and deploys nicely. The newly designed outboard battery is fairly light and fits under my vantage seat with one short extension cable. The jet has 3 speeds and reverse. I have not yet taken the kayak out yet, but I also bought the swim jet battery that attaches to the same jet unit, and I took that out in the ocean snorkeling.

The swim jet configuration has 3 speeds and is powerful on high speed. You need to hold on with two hands if you run on high speed very long. I got the bigger swim jet battery. I had a problem with the swim battery itself and Bixpy was extremely prompt and replaced the swim battery immediately at no cost to me, no shipping cost either.

The price of this system is low enough compared with the Hobie system, that you can buy an extra battery for the kayak and come out about even. One thing for sure, the bixpy system is much more flexible and versatile than what Hobie offers.

(duplicate post)
BigIslandFishing is offline   Reply With Quote