View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014, 07:54 PM   #1
socal_matt
Cruisin'

Out at Newps Again (4/6)

The Banana was ready for another Slay Fest. So I launched out of Newport again to get some mas tacos.

The conditions were pretty prime. Sunny, glassy, and not to mention there was little drift. The tides looked pretty good too.

I used whole squid on my bass setup. First drop yielded a good sized red. After that it was steady picking. Total count for today was 2 sandbass(both released); 1 Treefish; 8 reds (.5 to 1.5 lbs). I tried to release the Treefish since it was a little small, but he wasn't gonna make it so I kept him.

Here's a video I made. Hopefully it works. Youtube has been pretty screwy with me in the past. Just a disclaimer, the video wasn't published in HD, so thats why the quality isn't so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6VgHAhO1gM

All in all, it was a great day. On the water at 7 am and off the water at 9:30 am. Reason for being in so early was because I wanted to beat my boss to the mouth of the harbor(I'm a deckhand on The Patriot); I wanted to gloat in front of him, by showing him what I could do on my day off. Also met a fellow BWE'er out there on a red kayak, forgot his name. He was having some FF problems, I hope he had some luck out there too. Overall, it was good day to live in SoCal.

Here's the cooler shot of the day's keep.

Tight Lines Everyone. This upcoming week looks good in my opinion.