View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 07:43 AM   #1
-scallywag-
Banned

Angry LJ Sunday - Thieves among us!!!!!

Short story:
Fished from 5am-noon, plenty of bait (all types) around but rusty water and no fish for me.

Landed at La jolla shores with a few other familiar faces around 1pm Sunday afternoon and the beach was a zoo. I went straight to get my truck while the others where still on the beach.
When I drove up to the beach the guys stopped me and said they just saw some girl grab my Hobie peddles and jump into a truck and take off!!

Vehicle Description:

Late 80's (square hood/fenders) Ford F150 Brown/white trim
(also got the lics#)

Perp:
White Male mid-late 20's
shaved head
large tattoos on chest

He had an older GREY Hobie outback with the old style rudder that sticks out the back...and of course "his" nice new 2010 peddles (with the little bungie to keep the padded peddles inplace) .

Long Story:
So I guess when we landed the thief approched one of the other guys (who also had a hobie) and asked if he knew anyone selling the peddles drives. The guys talked for a while, apparently the thief is also a kayak fisherman (errrr!!!). He (the thief) had his truck parked on the sand with his yak in the back, but he also had a girl with him so I'm not sure if he actually was fishing or just casing the place?
Anyway everyone went about their business and I guess a couple minutes later they saw his girl with the peddles quickly walking off the sand and up the street to the truck which was now on the street ready to leave. Thankfully they got the dudes Lic# so hopefully the police can find the guy.

I'm guessing someone knows this guy or has seen him before, he sticks out like a sore thumb and I'm sure he'll be around...keep an eye out for this guy, he did this in the middle of the afternoon, at high tide, with no less than 100 people around and 3 or 4 of them where people I know! At this point he's probably thinking "geeze I sure could use some more rods!!"

OHH yeah....once again a big huge THANKS to the guys at HOBIE and FASTLANE SAILING for getting me back on the water.
-scallywag- is offline   Reply With Quote