Thread: Catapalooza pix
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 03:51 PM   #15
slayersmith

Had way to much fun on this trip! Great group of guys!! Thanks Andy for setting it up.

Had the luckiest weekend of my life, I guess every dog has his day.

Ended up catching a nice calico about 4.5lbs on the way to camp on Friday to take the first days jackpot of $135.00

On Saturday fished the morning session for a couple of small calicos. On the way back in at little harbor I was talking to some guys in a boat fishing and one of the guys catches a short halibut, im thinking humm. where there are shorts a legal has to around. Just need a fish to beat patricks 5.2 lb calico hog he caught in the morning sesion.

I go back to camp get some lunch hang out for a few hours and go back out with Josh and Scott. Hit a area were Scott said he hooked up with a fish for about half hour but got broke off in the weeds. Right as we got to the spot the glory hull guys show up and give us some squirts and some sardines. Fished the spot for no luv not even a bite. Just got rocked from the swell and wind. Started heading back to little harbor and fished the way back for a few small calicos. Get to the harbor and still have 4 live squid, figured I would drift in the spot where I saw the guys in the boat catch the short. Sure enough about 5 minutes into my drift pulled up a legal halibut 24", not sure if this could be a winning fish for jackpot I made about 5 more drifts in the area got hit a few more times but nothing stuck. At this point I was freezing my ass off and had to go in and get some dry clothes on.

Brought the halibut back to camp and Patrick weighed it on the same scale he weighed his hog calico on earlier. It went 5.3 lbs on the scale to win a $275.00 jackpot by 1 OZ. Gave Andy $100.00 for setting up the trip and all his hard work and gave Patrick $60.00 for his heart break 2nd place.

Congrats to Don for pulling off the win on Sunday with the nice halibut caught in Cat Harbor!!

Can't wait to go back!!! What a trip!

Take it easy!

Aaron
slayersmith is offline   Reply With Quote