Thread: Fish ID?
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2016, 04:18 PM   #84
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightnsd View Post
At the end of the day I am not sure if I would rather be boarded by the Mexican military while fishing or inspected by a DFG agent, seems like both are fishing for dollars. Last time I hunted quail and had called it a day, I was inspected by the DFG after I had dismantled most of the gun and was cleaning the remaining pieces before placing them in the locking case. I had to re-assemble it for inspection as he claimed someone was shooting too many rounds in the area and was "missing the plug in their shotgun." I am not sure he had the right to inspect my gun at this point as it was already in its Benelli travel case after being mostly cleaned but complied. I hunt Mexico as well and do not use a plug in Mexico a it is not required and now never remove it until home while in California. I just don't trust the agents anymore as another time I was approached by an agent as I hung my thresher over the side and the agents asked what I was dumping over the side as they approached. I really had no idea they were even approaching as I was trying to dispatch the shark versus let it slowly drown. The agent boarded my boat and disagreed that I could catch a thresher in Feb and wanted to see the shark and my license. I showed them both and was "released unharmed" but their boat-side manner has a lot to be desired. They were polite once they realized I had not been dumping any evidence over the side of my boat as they approached. They should not treat us like a criminal until we are acting like one, simply fishing or hunting should not mean that we should be approached as a violator.

That's just how ALL law enforcement is trained to think (Everyone is a criminal). Just like when I went to Iraq, we were trained to think (EVERYONE is a terrorist), when in reality, WE were the terrorists. That's why more veterans voted for anti-war candidates in 2008 like Obama, and Ron Paul. Obama reneged though. Either way, they all knowingly violate the Constitutions because they operate under color of law. If I ever got a ticket from a DFG officer, I would certainly first subpoena the officer, then file a Demurr to Dismiss the charges under lack of Jurisdiction and if they really pushed the envelope, I'd file criminal charges in federal court against the Dept. of Fish and Game under Title 18 US Code 242 (Deprivation of Rights), since it's clearly underlined in the California Constitution that fishing is a guaranteed right and DFG can only regulate the season & method of take. Know your rights and keep their ass in check. Governments only purpose is to protect Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness....... not to fine us through the wazooo to fund their ridiculous pensions. Remember, if they don't have (Corpus Delecti), then they don't have a case.