View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 07:25 AM   #111
bolocop

This crap still going on?

Funny, this race "discussion" on a fishing website is still going on? Sigh...I guess the BWE moderators find that this thread is bringing in ad raffic and so be it.

I guess this happens when folks try to educate others about their feelings. You get disrespected by racially charged words and then folks say it's your problem or as in LOWPROFILE's comment, you're a Whiney Bi**h (HURAHH!).

No one wants anything from you but your mutual respect and the application of the Golden Rule. If that's too much, then so be it.

In the case of alanw and BigT's uncle, I get it. You grow up and the demographics is homogenous. Then in midlife, more and more different looking folks come into the picture. They don't speak the same language. Wally and the Beaver is replaced by the Cosby Show, WTF, right? What? I can't say "neg*oe" or "colored" anymore? Orientals want to be called Asian? Why do my gardeners want to be called "Latinos" instead of Mexicans? I know habits are hard to change and was pleasantly surprised when alanw acknowledged Buddha's request.

BigT and other folks who think the problem is with the minorities (yes, you LOWPROFILE), do me a favor. Go away from your homogenous demographic life and go to South Central Los Angeles and find some young black youths wearing a lot of red or blue. Start up a conversation with them and refer to them as "neg*oe" or "colored". Those were socially acceptable words for blacks at one point in history, right? After all, it's their hang up and they are the Whiney Bit*hes, right? I'm going to guess, it won't be their problem at that point, the problem will be yours.
bolocop is offline   Reply With Quote