View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 03:54 AM   #1
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Day 1 San Quintin.

The weather was overcast, damp, misty, cool and about a 6 or 8 mph breeze from the north. Not the perfect day for fishermen and If I hadn't driven 7 hours for this I probably would not have gone out. I managed to land halibut triplets of about 27 inches. The sand bass were like vermin and relentless and I burned through a bunch of Gulp Grubs. No real mystery fish but had probably 3 more bites that most likely halibut. One for sure halibut bite came as I was cleaning my fish on shore. I had already made the H cut on the dark side and the halibut started thrashing around and bit my thumb. I'm telling ya you have to keep these suckers on a game clip until just before you drop them in the frying pan. At least I have some meat for the freezer. Today's conditions look about the same with, it seems, a little less wind.
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote