View Single Post
Old 09-25-2016, 06:54 AM   #3
iethinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
killer video! lots of good bracing in that long kill zone. Good tip on the rock fish rigs, not into fishing squid strips.........and I like chunky guitar.

Are you zooming in your editing software, nice effect?
Thanks. Yes, the zoom is done in the editor.

I don't like the squid strips either because they get nibbled down by the dinks of whatever I happen to be fishing for. They catch too many dinks too.

Bigger plastics or bigger lures in general seem to be a necessary filter for rockfish. I like the assurance of only reeling up bigger keepers. Putting in the effort for the longer cranks (from deep water) plus barotrauma risk mean it's best to focus only on larger fish anyway.

The 7-inch plastics have produced a good balance of big-enough fish plus are a good enough attractant to coax a strong bite. This was my first outing with the MC Swimbaits Slugs and they were just as effective as the 7-inch gulp glow jerkshad but easier to use (less slimy and re-usable). I might try the 8-inch slugs next.

Double drop-shot or double dropper loop have been equally effective with plastics. Sometimes can't even get it to the bottom without being hit.
iethinker is offline   Reply With Quote