View Single Post
Old 08-18-2021, 03:04 PM   #12
JohnMckroidJr

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiX View Post
Wow, that looks like a serious set up!!

Question for you, how do you get fish in that bag while out on the water? I can access my front hatch (carefully) while on the water, but I cannot figure out how you'd turn around and put something in the bag without going in the water.

Maybe I just need to go launch and play around without any gear on board to see what the limits really are . . .
Thanks. Practice will improve your balance. For pulling cold water or lunch out of the bag, it's just a twist at the shoulders for access. For putting a large heavy fish in the bag, I grab the two handrails on either side to pull myself up on my feet(scrunched low) facing fwd. Then slowly rotate facing aft. Avoiding grabing the chair for balance as it will flex and might become unsecured. Once facing aft, unzip and slip the catch in the bag. Easy Peasy with practice.

Note all the rod holders on the sides of the kayak. I do not use the rod holders attached to the live well as they block access to the fish bag. The side rod holders also serve as a guard rail to help keep items in the kayak.
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote