View Single Post
Old 04-29-2018, 04:32 AM   #27
Gabe213

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dude View Post
congrats dude. I'm curious, do WSB that size give you two good runs and then float up belly up, or do they have more in the tank than the puny 40# class fish I've caught?
Thanks amigo! The fight was the same, two runs and they come up dead. Only difference in my experience was that those runs were vicious and on steroids. I'm not going to lie, I thought I had a bsb with the first run. It would not stop(3/4 of my spool was gone ), and smart fish they are, she ran straight home. Thank god I was prepared! Kelp cutter rig did its job, felt that beautiful pop at least 5 times. At that point I had about 10lbs of kelp on the surface, as I'm breaking the kelp I notice my line is now going in a different direction. She made the mistake that would alltimitly cost her her life, she made another freight train run out into open water. This is probably 10 minutes in, she took a minute break and away she went. Again! Another vicious run, but in the right direction. The strength these fish have is amazing, they make you think your pulling on the ocean floor! I'll stop now, I'm getting excited again

Happy Sunday everyone, be safe and god bless!

Plastic_panga out!

Last edited by Gabe213; 04-29-2018 at 05:15 AM.
Gabe213 is offline   Reply With Quote