Thread: LJ 5/6 PM
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 04:32 PM   #16
dgax65
Guerro Grande

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado50 View Post
Interested to see where this thread is going....... What no bashing on me for my little comment,shocking........
Huh? You're upset because nobody responded to your inflammatory post?

Well I, for one, have no reason to question your fishing knowledge or stated opinions. After all, you're an excellent fisherman, catch loads of fish and are one of the leaders in WCW 07. I can barely make bait. I have no reason to ever question any statement that you make about fishing. On the contrary; I eagerly await your reports. I'm always willing to learn from the experts. In all sincerity, I respect your fishing ability and I would never bash you on the internet for your fishing opinions.

.........but there is one thing...

Maybe its just the way your personality comes across in your posts. I don't know, maybe its the phraseology, choice of words, possibly even the timing of your posts. Somehow, and I don't know if everybody thinks this, but sometimes, when you post, you come off as a bit of a tool. Maybe its me. Maybe I just take exception to bashing newbies, taunting and, in general, internet trollishness. You might be a good guy, It could be that you just come across as a douche nozzle on the internet, but you're actually a great guy. Hell, I've only met you once or twice and its hard to judge someone's character from a brief encounter. Like that time on the Islander last year when you just stood off by yourself and scowled a lot. That might not be an indicator of your character. You might just have had a bad day. Its just that your posts have a bit of a negative or confrontational feel to them. Almost like you have no sense of humor. So maybe I was wrong. Maybe you just were born without a sense of humor. It might not be your fault for sounding like a douche; it might be a congenital problem. If that's the case, then I apologize for my comments. I never would have given you any sh*t had I known that you suffer from a serious personality handicap. The lack of a sense of humor is a terrible thing, and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Maybe, someday, they'll come up with a treatment. Hang in there.

Just keep posting those interesting fishing reports and we'll keep reading them. And remember; we're not laughing at you, we're laughing FOR you.