View Single Post
Old 03-16-2016, 12:08 AM   #17
easyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAppa View Post
There's also the new Tarpon 130 x with the airpro max seat. Op should really consider this option over the thresher: better seat, more stability for us bigger guys, paddles well, for about the same price as the thresher 140.

I talked to the ws rep at Fred hall, and he said that production was delayed bc they had found a flaw in the mold, so they're looking at late April or early May production start.

This was the kayak I was waiting for, especially since I had read that the new pedal drive would fit it, but the ws rep also said that the pedal drive will not be fitting any existing kayaks they have including the tarpon 130x. But a new kayak is in development which will fit the pedal drive, and both should debut at this summer's icast and go into production possibly this fall.

The tarpon 130x looks like a great kayak. I had been waiting nine months to get get it, but I want a pedal drive, but unfortunately, none of the hobies fit my needs, and I'm not a big fan of native propels. So I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for this new pedal kayak from ws, but man, another six months will be torture.
There is a motor drive for the 130x that is coming out for it as well its a really cool add on and optional feature. It will fit anything with the flex pod OS. Also I totally understand the excitement about a pedal drive in a WS.