View Single Post
Old 11-25-2014, 08:42 PM   #44
radastaff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saba Slayer View Post
My friend lives very close to County Line and this was his text to me on his take of the stupidity...
"i watched it all from the beach...the wind was light until 730 ..then wham!!! 2 (newbies) guys were blown out of thier yaks ..1 guy (seasoned yaker) made it back only to be told he had to abdonon his kayak a few hundred yards from shore and get on jet ski..he paddled 2 hours in wind...had to leave his yak gear and fish ..to the wind..the worst part of the story was that the party boats did nothing to help the guys when the wind came up..."

Come-on guys...check the weather...red flag warnings are always dangerous and bad news up in the Malibu area...being a newbie isn't an excuse for a lack of common sense.

I guess things have changed...in the past if a kayaker (somebody like Jim Day) mentioned a hot bite in Malibu...they were threatened or their vehicle was vandalized...this bite has been going on for about a month and every once in a while a newbie will catch wind of it and make a big deal and blow it up so every knucklehead on the coast wants to "get together to catch their first YELLOWTAIL". There's a lot to be said for the guys that just go catch their fish and eat it without all the BS.
Please ere on the side of safety...just cuz it's your only day off doesn't mean that you have to risk your life for a fish and chum the boards until everyone wants to fish there.
I wonder where that kayak ended up...Santa Cruz Island or San Nick?
was told he had to leave his fish and yak to the wind
WTF?
if he was already almost back to shore
why didn't he just paddle on in
if he was able too?
LG gave me the option once at dume
I paddled in
even if not givin the option
I would'a paddled in
if able

winds were predicted sometime in advance at surfline
not a good day to go out
regardless

Last edited by radastaff; 11-26-2014 at 04:34 PM.
radastaff is offline   Reply With Quote