View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 04:32 PM   #236
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Good luck, nothing seems to be current, I do have a spare copy of the Baja Almanac That could be BORROWED to make copies from. It is the 2009 edition which was the last one printed. For charts you need to go to a chart store, most are also out dated but almost accurate. These are the charts boaters/cruisers use to sail the coasts of Baja and Mexico. Have never seem both map and charts combined would be cool but most boat or drive. If you find please let me know. You might want to get a copy of Charlie's Charts. Fish Maps also puts out 4 fishing charts for Baja. North, South Pacific side, and North, South Sea of Cortez, but again not current. Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenscales View Post
I know it sounds strange but if I had a dinner of french toast, hash browns or skillet potatoes with sausage or bacon I would not be unhappy.

Ok - I make crazy French Toast, omelettes, etc. premade Latke's are way easier and I find more flavorful than hash brownns. And I am Recently diagnosed as diabetic, so cracking others out on my high carb creations would be a pleasure since I can't enjoy much myself.

As for bacon and eggs then - since I am coming down early, what is the availability of those items in the region? I can try to shop Saturday AM IN SD before heading down, but forgot the Baja 1000 is that weekend, so I may need to get lacrosse the border earlier (or maybe much later).

Still looking for recommendations on both more current, detailed road maps and/or ocean charts for the waters of Central, Pacific Coast Baja.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote