View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 07:20 AM   #10
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyz123 View Post
It may not have to do with how you store you Kayak but how you transport your Kayak. When you transport it do you do so with it up on the side like you store it or do you lay it down either top up or top down? Also what type of straps are you using to secure it to your vehicle? Are you using the rachet style or the type that sinch down.

Here's why I ask about the straps, if you are using the rachet style you could be racheting them too tight and if the Kayak is left on the roof in the sun for any length of time while strapped down it could be causing that bulging. When I went to pick up my Yak from Jim Sammons and he saw I was using the Rechet straps and that was the first thing he recommended I change due to the chance it can cause issues with deforming. I have actually read many articles and talked to many people that sell kayaks and they all say the best way to store a Kayak is on its side.

this is what i use:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...G4nAsAO_nK2cCg

When I am by myself i put it upside down on my roof rack and run the ties through the scupper holes and tie it to my rack.

When i take the other one, i put one upside down and the other on the J Rack.
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote