View Single Post
Old 07-28-2016, 05:00 PM   #1
Saba Slayer

Redondo White Sea Bass

It's that time of year again and our WSB babies are ready to be released again.
This is from Rich Ford…he and John Whittaker run the WSB grow-out tanks in Redondo…

"We will release our fish August 6. Hubbs will be there at 9AM . We will have 2 times for people to help. 930 AM and 1230PM. hopefully we have enough people for each shift. There still will be some to work from beginning to end. No none will ever be turned away and want all to have a chance to help. Hubbs is bringing counters, pump to fill tanks, fine mesh nets. I hope nets are deeper than ones we used during the sluice from tent to truck as several fish jumped out of nets. I expect release to last 6 to 8 hours depending how many fish in Hubbs tanks, number of loads determine length of time . We have just under 7900 fish. Thanks to Fish and Wildlife for checking our fish.We will release our fish August 6. Hubbs will be there at 9AM . We will have 2 times for people to help. 930 AM and 1230PM. hopefully we have enough people for each shift. There still will be some to work from beginning to end. No none will ever be turned away and want all to have a chance to help. Hubbs is bringing counters, pump to fill tanks, fine mesh nets. I hope nets are deeper than ones we used during the sluice from tent to truck as several fish jumped out of nets. I expect release to last 6 to 8 hours depending how many fish in Hubbs tanks, number of loads determine length of time . We have just under 7900 fish. Thanks to Fish and Wildlife for checking our fish."

Also...we got some good news the other day...!

“Good Afternoon Rich,
I thought you'd be interested to learn that last Friday we recovered the tagged head of a 13-year old fish from our commercial market sampling that was released from King Harbor in 2003! Below is more information on that fish and another tag that was recovered by DFW.
Thank you as always for your ongoing efforts and participation in our program.”

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote