View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 03:56 PM   #21
forefrazier

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DARKHORSE View Post
Good information is priceless when it comes to man powered trips. I was considering lanching out of Newport, as I feel most of the life has moved up the line, so thanks for the look. I'm watching the strong onshore flow with ample cloud cover of the past couple days, and expecting a slight drop in water temps, but optamistic that some new paddies will slide into range. When the next push of life (if there is one) swings in, I will drop what I'm doing and go (damn squid bites ).
First of all...VERY IMPRESSIVE work to get out that far and still feel like you had more in the tank.

Second, for me personally after seeing the dodo size out of NPH half way to CAT yesterday on a 3/4 day trip, I would pass. Exotics are cool..but 20-30 mi. of paddling/pedaling just to say you caught a 3-5lb dorito off a paddy is not for me. By the way, lots of schools yesterday but not much biting. Finding the right paddy in a PB is one thing...... having to "paddy hop" in a yak to find the biters after it took you 6 hours to get there...PRICELESS!

Good luck and be safe.
forefrazier is offline   Reply With Quote