Thread: LJ Sunday
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 08:25 AM   #40
Handymansd
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hook1fred View Post
courtesy not curtsey
I hate Spell check, I rely on it... as I cannot spell myself!

Sorry if my post offended some of you, that was not my intent, I was just attempting to say to some of the newer members of the boards that it is kind of rude to post others catches, with out their knowledge. It is also rude to troll in front of someones path, and rude to troll over their lines, and a number of other things that people need to learn etiquette about. They won't learn if no one helps to point out the right way; especially as there are more and more people out there. It should be our responsibility, as the more experienced kayak anglers, to help them learn these things, show them the ropes about more than what leader and hook size! it's called constructive criticism... that 's it, that's all, nothing more sinister, like giving someone crap, or secret codes, or open reporting ethics, or whatever conspiracy you can come up with. You guys are correct it could have been anyone, (including Dan ), and I did not state that it was anyone in particular, (read it and I think you will see that I drew no inferences as to who it may or may not have been) only that who ever it was, should have the ability to report their own fish, their own story, plain and simple. If we all reported every fish we personally saw landed it would be a mess to say the least... Did you ever wonder why the web cam is pointed off to one side a bit? Maybe so that those that wanted anonymity could get it? I don't see most of the old timers landing on the north side with their prizes... I wonder why? We need to respect each other, what ever your posting belief is... if ya want to post, then post, if ya don't, then don't, but give other angler's the room to practice their own belief, and post their own reports if they choose to!
This horse has been beaten for so long, and so many threads over the years, it is not worthy of popcorn anymore, even out of a bed pan! Shit, pass the beer, or even the vodka.

Again, Kailolo, thanks for the report! If I sounded to harsh then I apologize, but I stand by what I said, it is just a matter of courtesy, (not curtsey). and I am sorry for the brutal viral thread jacking, it was not my intention either.
Cheers,

Handymansd is offline   Reply With Quote