View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 09:16 AM   #146
tagyak

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveoh View Post
Well, I couldn't make it out this weekend, so with the little time I had, I finally installed the fishfinder.

I took a Sterilite waterproof container from Target...cut the bottom off and shaped it to the contour of the bottom of kayak. Rough sand, cleaned, then sealed with goop. Then I cut a hole for the transducer wire through the lid and scored it so the big connector to the unit would fit through then gooped that. I also added 2 rubber spacers 1/4", so the transducer would be inline with the bottom of kayak. Let everything dry and filled it with h20....no leaks...even when I flipped it upside down.

Big thanks to everyone on this site for sharing their innovations...most of what I did was taken from earlier posts but with a few modifications of my own. I will re-post when I get a chance to take it for a trial run. Thanks Iceman for the supplies needed to get this done...If anyone needs 3" and 4" clear tubing, I have some in 6" lenghts....I was planning on using the clear tubing, but this transducer is huge and would not fit...

Now if I can catch some....
nice job. but let us know how the placement works out for you on the transponder. usually it is placed in front of the peddles in the front hatch. i read somewhere that the turbulence from the peddles interrupts the transponder reading.
also what type of lowrance did you mount?
tagyak is offline   Reply With Quote