View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 09:59 AM   #1
Garibaldi_Hunter

Finally a Kayak Owner

Well after lurking around this site and renting/borrowing kayaks for the past year I finally made the purchase and picked up a Malibu Extreme. Now comes the fun part of getting this thing rigged up.

Have a couple of questions though:

1. What fishfinders have you guys had success with? I'm looking to spend somewhere in the neighborhood of 300.00. I would definitely prefer a color display and GPS capability is nice but not necessary as I plan on purchasing a handheld. Any thoughts? Anyone see any deals lately? I know Cabelas has allot of the Lowrance units on sale right now but not really familiar with their units.

2. Does anyone use an ONNO paddle? I've been considering a Werner Cory Vecken but was looking at the ONNO paddles and they are lighter and less expensive. Looking on their site the craftsmanship looks to be extremely high quality as well. I paddle with an aggressive high angle and I'm looking at something in a 230-240cm length. I like the fact the ONNO's are adjustable however have not been able to find any reviews.

3. Any suggestions as far as VHF radios go?

4. Anyone know where to get the metal hoops (where you click the seat to). I can only find nylon ones but would like to replace them all with stainless.

Still not sure what I'l be doing as far as bait tanks go. I like the concept behind the Kayaktank however not sure I want to spend the money right now. Will probably be using a bait tube for a while until I get the more necessary items added on. Picked this kayak up extremely cheap and its basically in new condition.

Thanks for any help/advice you guys can give. Will be coming to a beach launch near you very soon.
Garibaldi_Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote