Thread: 2nd rod stamp
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2016, 12:06 PM   #11
Aaron&Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by acorad View Post
28.65. GENERAL. Except as provided in this article, fin fish may be taken only on hook and line or by hand. Any number of hooks and lines may be used in all ocean waters and bays except:

(a) San Francisco and San Pablo bays between the Golden Gate Bridge and the west Carquinez Bridge, where only one line with not more than three hooks may be used.

(b) On public piers, no person shall use more than two rods and lines, two hand lines, or two nets, traps or other appliances used to take crabs.

(c) When rockfish (genus Sebastes) or lingcod (Ophiodon elongatus) are aboard or in possession, where only one line with not more than two hooks may be used pursuant to Sections 28.55 or 28.27, respectively.
Thanks acorad for the information.
It seems okay for me to cast that iron, then.
It makes me wonder though, if I haven't caught a rockfish or lingcod, can I use a 5 hook ganion, then upon catching one of either and having it on aboard and in possession, go down to a 2 hook setup. Just saying, verbatim, it looks like one could...I'm not really trying to bend the law, just wondering is all...