Thread: 2nd rod stamp
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2016, 12:58 PM   #13
Aaron&Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by acorad View Post
I'm no expert, but I think 28.55 & 28.27 mean you can't fish for rockfish or lingcod with more than two hooks and one line, and 28:55 means if you have rockfish or lingcod aboard or in possession then you can only fish with two hooks and one line (no matter what you are fishing for).

§ 28.55. Rockfish (Sebastes).

[...](d) Method of take: When angling, gear is restricted to not more than two hooks and one line. For purposes of this section, a hook is a single hook, or a double or treble hook with multiple points connected to a common shank.

§ 28.27. Lingcod.

[...](d) Method of take: When angling, gear is restricted to not more than two hooks and one line. For purposes of this section, a hook is a single hook, or double or treble hook with multiple points connected to a common shank.

§ 28.55. General. Except as provided in this article, fin fish may be taken only on hook and line or by hand. Any number of hooks and lines may be used in all ocean waters and bays except:

[...](c) When rockfish (genus Sebastes) or lingcod (Ophiodon elongatus) are aboard or in possession, where only one line with not more than two hooks may be used pursuant to Sections 28.55 or 28.27, respectively.
Yeah, I can see that now, with the additional regulations you listed. With the size of the regulation book, thanks for doing the work for me