View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 10:06 AM   #11
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saba Slayer View Post
"But just to say it's closed and we cant fund any research is a total cop out. Its the political equivalent to " Because I said so!"

At the last F & G Commission meeting, President Sklar announced that the Department had 2.5 million dollars to monitor the MPA's.
Even with the money to check the results after 10 years...I really doubt that any of the now closed MPA's will ever be reopened to fishing....when you hear President Sklar say "I consider them permanent conservation areas"...well, that seems to me, to be the last nail in the coffin for these closed areas...

"I am all for setting aside areas for conservation, just as we set aside wildlife refuges where no hunting is allowed."

Be Careful What You Wish For...!
It all sounds so good... but the devil is in how you pick the areas and how big they will be...oh yea...that sounds like the MLPA process we went through...!!!
The ENGO's have the money to affect the final outcome and we have squat...!
Not to mention the apathy that effects the So. Cal Fishermen...unless there is a fire under their butts they are mostly asleep...Sad but True! Or fighting among themselves over stupid issues...
Thanks for keeping us in the loop Jim. To be honest, I firmly believe our remedy to the MPA is to exercise our constitutional rights, and start with our own complaints in the courts via the U.S. Code. You can operate legally, or LAWFULLY, there's a difference. Once enough of us sue the DFG, you won't hear crap like " I consider them permanently closed" anymore. Looks like I might have to be the first to test the system and put them in place. Next thought, has anyone filed a FOIA request for there books to see why they didn't conduct the research before? To close something off and reneg on doing the research due to lack of funds sounds like grounds for a class action to me. Any thoughts??

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk