View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 02:37 PM   #10
Aaron&Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROOKIE87 View Post
It is absolutely illegal, it would be a last ditch effort if i was getting attacked. And i agree we take the inherent risk because it's their playground, but i always like to be prepared for whatever comes my way. I was even thinking m80's for the vibration, but I do get where you are coming from. I just rather take the precautions if there are any...
Stay on your kayak!

If it's concealed, and a GWS has created a last ditch effort by knocking you out of your kayak, and it is so damn aggresive that you don't have the time to get back up on your kayak, then you don't have time to get your weapon. I can remount in less than 30 seconds, probably 5 seconds if a GWS just knocked me into the drink, which is much quicker than trying to get out the "concealed weapon". If you can't remount in 30 seconds, that is what you need to practice on, now.

If he capsized the kayak you won't be able to get to your weapon easily, either, and your best bet would be to jump up onto the bottom of your kayak and lay there until it leaves, after it realizes you're not the food it hoped for. Either way you're screwed when it comes to locating/using a "concealed weapon".

Just my 2 cents.

Aaron