Thread: LJ 5/25
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2020, 04:01 PM   #44
stevie951
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris138 View Post
Agree 100%

Hey my guy, you gotta be on the ocean to catch a fish. If a wide open report like this doesn't get you motivated to go get on the water, nothing will.
Hey Chris, long time no talk brother.. In all fairness I was out that day and it was never Wide Open..

The report clarified a lot however..

I was on the inside with a group.. about 70 feet of water... Kev must have been on the middle out.. straight in front of the condo in that 100 foot range.. There was another group of mostly boats out about 3 miles off the point not but 1 or 2 kayakers there..

The location described here was crawling with kayaks, likely 15.. 5 or so boats scattered...

Thanks for the information Kev, let alone the clarification... Cheers on helping others bruh
like many have said, its about time OTW.. I hit those schools of terns and bass with a jig about 50 times, produced a 15 inch calico , 14 inch white fish, and 2 nice salmon groupers off the bottom.. as a couple others commenters said, after that initial bite which was at sun up- early there was not much unless you waited around 12 hours for the PM bite and tide change when the Tails were spotted and caught again.. Time OTW folks

~Malibu Stealth-14
~Malibu X-13
stevie951 is offline   Reply With Quote