View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 07:16 AM   #5
Saba Slayer

Kids fishing

These kids fishing trips and adventures are very important to the future of this sport that we love so much... if you can ever make an event please do so it's well worth it...
Sharing our passion for fishing will get some of these kids hooked on our favorite pastime and introduce some of them to the ocean and its wonderful resources.

I went out with the LA Rod and Reel Club on Monday 7/24 for a half day trip out of 22nd Street Landing on the Monte Carlo with the Harbor City Boys and Girls Club. Our CCA LA Chapter president John Ballotti arranged the trip... (...yes Team Sewer...my parole officer cleared my being around kids LOL...).

Most of these kids had never been on a boat before or fished in the ocean.
We targeted some Sculpin and every kid caught fish...we also had enough volunteers to have a guy with each kid so there were a lot of hookups and sore arms from bringing those rattlesnakes up from about 125'.
This is the kid I was mentoring and he caught about 8 Sculpies.
Here's a photo of Mikel and the deck hand with his first fish of the day.

it was pretty fun watching him and his buddy tag teaming the work bringing the fish up...they would switch about half way up and rest their skinny little arms...LOL!

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote