Thread: YOU and BAJA
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 12:52 PM   #9
Zed
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
SO if you take your head out of the clouds, San Lucas Cove and Punto Chivato COULD be combined we are talking about 15 miles apart. LOOONG one day drive and you are good to go if you have two drivers per truck.
Exactly. I only split them into two because the options would be different. From San Lucas Cove the Isla is right there. Chivato is unique and fishy w/o the channel crossing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
Now Pta Colorado to Cabo Pulmo that's less than 15 miles as the crow flies, you want to do it non stop or camp mid point and explore both sides? How about a truck on shore to meet up with in the evening with cook/camp gear?
Even Ross and I could do it that way!!!! Zed did I get your attention yet?
Back when Pta Colorada was running, finding a local w a camioneta to haul you back from Cabo Pulmo was the attraction. When I was there, I made almost daily paddles past Pta Arena. I was 5 miles as the crow flies (gps) from Pta Colorada, and below the point. I figured I was about 1/3 of the way to CP and the daily winds were starting to freshen from the NE, which made the paddle back to PC a little wet and tough quartering, but following would have been nicer on the drift. It would suck in a big blow, but the daily winds to 15 I experienced would have been great for the through. Only about the last mile or so would be through the Marine Reserve w a whole lot of options in between.