View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 10:00 PM   #8
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by brew View Post
Bob,

My best fishing partner (And Uncle), lost his leg about mid calf 20+ years ago stepping on a downed power line he didn't see under the snow.

Anyway, we fish slippery rock covered rivers in Utah and Idaho. This is about the toughest walking conditions I know of and he has no problems. Even in the beginning he got the hang of it pretty quick and was back fishing and taking pictures (He's a photographer for a living).

Also, cannabis helped him a lot with phantom itching / pain in his foot, as well as kept a smile on his face through the process. A lot of my family was pretty old school in their thinking about this until they saw how much it helped him.

Good luck. Hope to see you in Baja some time.

Tim
Thanks Tim, 5 days from now the foot will be gone about mid calf. Then the healing will begin, and I will take my first steps on the road to being a Baja pirate. I plan on being in Baja by the end of April and again the third week in May to do a corvina exploratory trip. Yep that cobble stone beach just north of mako-ville will be a real test for me. But those corvina keep calling. Tight Lines amigo.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote