Thread: LJ 6/26
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 04:01 PM   #1
silverbullet
Crusty Member

Send a message via Yahoo to silverbullet
LJ 6/26

After a trip to MEX por nada, wind and weather of last week... I wanted to get out to LJ at least once more while my buddy was in from TX. We got a late launch around 0800 ....come to find out flat landers cannot paddle out through the surf.. huh go figure . After a couple of tries and a broken mirage fin, broken rudder, 25 zip ties, broken pride, he got it figured out. That was just a glimpse of things to come for him... my day was perfect though.

Weather, clear as a bell. Water, clear as a bell. Sun, warm. Wind, slight breeze - just enough to keep you cooled off. Cattle cars - few and they were behaving. PB's, only slightly PITAs but no incidents. Fur Faces - they were out but left us alone. Bait - nearly impossible...

Saw this guy paddling in as we turned to head outside. Tim...nice guy, picked up his first YT.

So day was slow... but we decided to stick around for PM bite... worked out. Fun fight on a new rod setup.

He turned into this later in the day....

Headed in a little early to find some ice and hit the hottub. On the landing my buddy from TX hopped out of the revo (on loan from a bro) and ended up killing the skunk for the day...ran a 3/0 circle hook into his arm about an inch deep. Not wanting to mess with it while the boat smashed around in the surf he manned up and yanked it straight out... OW!!!! LMAO No swelling today and he is up on tetnus so I figure he is good for now.

Also lots of these guys floating around...

Bobby
silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote