View Single Post
Old 09-22-2015, 10:32 AM   #16
Jim Sammons LJKF

Yeah pretty ridiculous all these news hounds with these sharks.
With that said when a bigger HH is bumping your kayak it can be a bit unnerving.
If you do want a little confidence when out there the Shark Shield is a good way to go. Yes I am sponsored by them on my show, so I want that upfront. But I have been sponsored by them for a few years now and have never promoted them on here because honestly we just don't have the shark issue here that I see at many destinations I visit around the world.

All I can tell you is that it does work and I have seen it work first hand. Will it stop a GWS in full attack mode, I have no idea. But for the pesky curious sharks that just wont seem to leave you alone, it will dissuade them.

I mainly don't even bother turning it on unless I am landing a fish in a sharky area or in the case of these bumping sharks that just drive you nuts. I tend to drop my feet in the water when landing fish so the SS certainly gives me a bit more confidence that I am not going to lose my catch to the shark, or worse.

Again I don't come on here pumping sponsors, and certainly would never do it unless I believed in the product. So if the sharks are something that is of concern to you you might consider taking a look at this product.

But please stop sending in your videos of "shark attacks" to the news. It really is not a good thing for our sport.
JimSammons.com
Jim Sammons LJKF is offline   Reply With Quote