Thread: BdG Whirlwind
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 02:26 PM   #5
YakHanded
Thread Killer - sorry

I don't want to add too much because that summed up the awesome trip pretty darn well.

Unbelievable fishing down there, realize we got lucky with conditions but the variety and speed of the fishing is on its own level from what i've experienced. See why its such a popular destination for kayak fishing - I said something to zed down there that the more I think about it nails it on the head. Its like a kayak fishing sandbox - everything seems in range, its all cast n crank keeping you engaged and you just never know whats on the other end of the line.

Lost a ton of tackle, learned a ton and caught a shitload of fish - most of which firsts. (sierra, rose pargo, trigger, gulf grouper, bone fish) also most wide open yellowtail fishing that I've ever been a part of (for almost an hour).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed View Post

I'm sure yakhanded will add some. I'm sure he has some kind words for iceman re cousin RayRay.
Iceman, thanks to your sketchy experience I was leery of stingrays - I went in the water a ton, normally it was so clear that i had no issues... but one time it was a little stirred up as I was walking in, i was super paranoid about them and was walking very slow... as i set my foot down softly between a couple rocks i felt the slimy body under my big toe and it jetted out from under and swam away right in front of me...but no sting

Zed has the pictures and they are good ones sure he will add em soon

Tight lines!
YakHanded is offline   Reply With Quote