View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 03:42 PM   #6
Freespool

I've been hearing so much about the MLPA since moving here a few months ago from Seattle, so I headed down to the meeting last night to get myself informed and file my comments. I spent 2 hours there asking ?'s and voicing my concerns to the folks at most of the "stations". It was pretty interesting. There seemed to be a wide range of opinions amongst the people involved in the process. I wrote 2 pages of comments as an angler and fisheries biologist. Hope it helps.

The jist of it for me was that we really don't want Lapis 1 on the table in future discussions and that Draft External A or B would be the best options. Apparently Draft B probably won't make it because it likely won't meet the MLPA guidelines so Draft A might be the best option.

For anyone that hasn't been to one of the meetings yet or hasn't gotten involved, I really recommend informing yourself and taking part. It seemed to me that all our comments really will make a difference and that we do have some say in the matter. We just have to keep up the pressure and show our numbers. There are a lot of anglers out there and we are a force to be reckoned with if we can join forces and collaborate on this!
Freespool is offline   Reply With Quote