View Single Post
Old 05-29-2017, 06:49 PM   #38
brew
I Exercise Fish

The silence was cool. You had to look behind at the wake to be able to tell if you were moving or not.

If the smallest island on the horizon was a gunsight, it would be aimed at the main boca feeding the bay. Just for an overall view of where we were at.

Looks like a good starring point to me.

Leo with a green jack. Like all jacks these things fight hard.

Jeff with a nicer corvina

I noticed some disturbances in the distance and hauled butt over there. Got a few good casts right through the middle with no luck. Tried a couple of different lures. Slow roll, burning it in, huh still nada. Turned around and started to head back and Bam.

Needlefish. Definitely the culprit. Tried for another but it was not to be

Species ID help?

First broomtail in Mag Bay. Just a baby really, but they are great fun on lightbtackle. That's a 5" crocodile just for size perspective. Maybe 5-6lbs?

Cool shot of one of many corvina for the day?

Giant lizard fish while trolling the main channel.

There was one spot that was nonstop cookie cutter spotties. All small. ~10-11"ers

Had to fight the current in today and it was not easy. I can see where other times of the year with larger tidal swings you might be screwed. We were hugging the edges of the "river" just to make forward progress and peddling pretty hard. Jeff's kayak is a beast and I thought we may have to tow him, or just wait it out, but he actually made it in before us.

Cool whale skeleton

We also had to go around some sand bars / shallow spots due to the low tide. Here is Leo walking the last 50yds or so in about 6" or water. It was a long day on the water and I think we all set records on mileage at over 25mi.

Another good day!

brew is offline   Reply With Quote