View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 09:35 PM   #33
yaky yak

Quote:
Originally Posted by taggermike View Post
The cuda have been pretty rare in So Cal the last few years but it sounds like they're making a real show this year. I have caught loads of big cuda on the yak and they can be a PITA. They usually not too picky and will take a slash at about any thing. I stay away from the cracks and trolling plugs because cuda all ways seam to never quite stop thrashing and multiple trebles+thrashing fish are bad news. The plugs rip the cuda up too. I'll second the Tady C with the single fixed hook. I don't think color is too important because after an hour or so the jigs don't have any paint left on them. Mike
Heed that good advice. Getting three treble hooks out of a cuda is a pain. The single fixed hook is good advice.
I was trying to unhook a large cuda from a repala with it hanging off the side of my kayak, and had a big Knot head rip it right out of my hand. He almost flipped me. I thought it was a shark for a milla -secend. I keep thinking what would of happened had one of those hooks gone in my hand.
yaky yak is offline   Reply With Quote