View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 02:48 PM   #1
sitinsidejim
sitinsidejim

August the first

Lanched to overcast skys at least the wind was not blowing like it has been a little breeze. Surf was not big just a little choppy and got a little wet while lanching. Bait was a S.O.B to make today. It took a while but I finally got enough by moveing around a lot. Things look pretty quiet today. I mostly fish the n.w corner and south. Some other kayakers out today once I got to the n.w corner I was all by myself. Caught a 5lb. calico on bait at the n.w corner and was released. Slow trolled all around for nothing. Start to troll towards the inside on the out side there was a strong current deep it push the kelp down you could not see the kelp. On the way in got bit on bait all I felt was big head shakes no runs. I figured it was a big calico. got it up and turned out to be a 15lb. white seabass. I did not gaff it I got a hold of it and was thinking to myself you know there are bigger white seabass out there. So I released it so it could fight another day and be a little bigger. That was it for me. Got the inside and everbody was gone. So I do not how anyone else did. Good luck Jim.
sitinsidejim is offline   Reply With Quote