View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 09:30 AM   #1
yaknusmc61
Junior

Oceanside/Pendleton 01/29/09

Well boys, I just got home from a year long deployment to Iraq on Sunday and yesterday I put my kayak in the water for the first time. I launched out of Del Mar (Camp Pendleton) and just kind of paddled around the harbor throwing gulp swimbaits to no avail. I really just wanted to paddle around anyway and get a feel for the boat, with which I'm fairly impressed. Made a trip to OEX in Oside to pick up some essentials and the guys were pretty helpful. I couldnt have asked for better weather either. Beautiful day out. I was having trouble adjusting to paddling and using the rudder pedals at the same time, which is funny because I ride motorcycles and have no problem using both feet, both hands, and different fingers all at the same time. Guess it's gonna take some getting used to.

I've been reading this forum for pretty much the entire last year and have pulled so much knowledge from all of your posts (much appreciated). Anyway, I think I'll stay in the harbor until I get my sealegs. **shouldnt Marines already have those?**

Hope to see some of you guys OTW.

Tight Lines
Hiram

Attached Images

yaknusmc61 is offline   Reply With Quote