Thread: Going Off?
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 07:53 AM   #38
monkeyfishturds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandem Assassin View Post
Never said it was going off (?). Just suggested it might be based on all the activity.

The point I was trying to make was 4 years ago most contributors posted their catch within 24 hours of the event and most everyone shared their stories.

A lot of us that visit BWE live over an hour away from LJ and work 50 plus hours a week so the post were a way for us to enjoy that little slice of paradise from our desk.

It allowed a lot of us for a few minutes every day to drift off and fish LJ in our minds. I would look at a post and think where I would make bait, set up for the morning bite and rehearse throwing my reel into gear after hearing it sing for 4-5 seconds. Back then everyone was willing to share with out hesitation - it was a beautiful thing.

I understand that times have changed and internet has changed our life's forever as nothing is secret any more. A single post can be shared on multiple web sites and before you know it it "Water World" out there.

I guess I just miss the way things used to be and hate to see this community turn more into a locals only surf break where you earn your way into the line up and obey the law of the pack.

Sorry if you feel differently. I will always post my catch and try to give as much as I take as that is the way I was raised.
Guess I took what you posted wrong. Your explanation isn't trying to create water world. The little devil flippin the bird at the end of your post made me think it was spiteful.
Didn't try to attack you, just questioned what I thought was the reason for the post. Sorry for assuming.
monkeyfishturds is offline   Reply With Quote