View Single Post
Old 09-09-2018, 12:17 PM   #1
echo42
Junior

First Post-La Jolla report

I've been lurking on this forum for a while.....

Although I have been fishing since I was a kid with my dad, I'm new to the kayak experience. I bought a PA14 last year and spent the first summer in the lakes and bays. This has been my first year fishing La Jolla and it's been a blast.

I wanted to express some gratitude to a few fellow kayakers that helped me the other day (Friday 9/7) at La Jolla. As I was pulling onto the sand my truck sunk in and I got stuck. I thought I had enough forward momentum but alas, that was not the case.

Within seconds a a fellow kayaker named Mark (my name as well)came to help me out. He helped me dig and pour water on the sand to compact it. He jumped on my tailgate for weight and hung on as a tried to get out. We threw everything in the book at this problem and made some substantial success. I could tell that Mark was ready to launch, yet he delayed his just to help me out.

Then came Rob Fish. Rob explained that he was watching us on the webcam and got in his car to come over and help. He towed me out within a minute and gave me a tow strap to boot. I'm sure Rob had things planned for his day, yet he got in his truck to help out.

Thanks to both Rob and Mark. Now that I have a tow strap, I hope I'll be able to pay it forward. I'm in the grey Tundra with a white PA14.

As far as the fishing- it was fair to average....a few bonita, calico, and the barracuda was tearing up all the bait that I caught.

Mark
echo42 is offline   Reply With Quote