View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 09:40 PM   #9
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

As I mentioned before, this setup worked perfectly. I could not hear anything from the sonar. In fact, I have not heard that this is a problem with any sonars in this class. Yakrider, you must have really good hearing.

There were no leaks from the well and my images were excellent. The fish finder is a new one with higher resolution than my previous unit so I cannot tell you if the improved images are a result of the better FF or the transducer setup.

As expected, the temperature readings were a little misleading for a while. I had the kayak on the top of my truck overnight where the outside temperature got down to the low 40s. When I started to peddle out, the FF said the temperature was 44 degrees. I knew that was wrong as I passed a group of swimmers heading out from the Cove. It took about an hour for the water in the well to warm to the temperature of the ocean. If having accurate temperature readings is important to you, this type of installation my not be the best choice.

If portability and ease of installation are what you are looking for, this is definitely the way to go. Now that I know what to do, I could probably reproduce this installation in about ten minutes.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote