View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 05:11 PM   #3
FISHIONADO

Thanks Art, could you suggest a place to camp in case I arrive in the dark? I'm planning to drive straight there or surf San Miguel or Camalu and then only make it to Punta Rosarito or Guerrero Negro.

I've never fished off a surfboard, I'm thinking I'll bungee a milk crate with rod holders onto the front of my 9'6" Murphy, I wish it was a thicker board. I'll take two rods, one conventional reel with 50# spectra and a spinning reel with a sabiki. Minimal tackle, game clip, and beer. Sound about right?

Splitty, are you out there? You had that surfboard fishing stuff mastered. Should I rent a big soft board from UCSD, maybe they float better than my Murphy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguachico View Post
You'll have a great time surfing. Weather is perfect. Daytime 70's, night time 55 degrees. Fishing is slow, but inshore off the long board should be great. Go by Chelo's Pizza in town. Tell her you know me (Art), I just talked to her. Have a pizza and beer. She's a hell of a surf fisherchic. If the Panga's are fishing she'll hook you up. Sept-december are the months to fish Ojos.

AC
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote