Thread: CDFG
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 11:56 AM   #55
LSmoot

@wiredantz I thought about your idea of not signing the license, but if I remember correctly the retailer (I usually buy from Big 5) always has made me sign right there at the register before I pay for it. I would bet they would not sell it to me if I don't sign it. Interesting to think about.

On another note, I understand we all may not agree with each other on this issue, but I do not understand why trying to defend one's rights provokes such a protest by some of us. To be clear, I am not saying we must or should agree with each other. But whatever you believe, it is beyond me why we get so worked up about it. When defending your rights is met with such anger and protest, it is just sad in my opinion. It’s already an uphill fight against the government, we don’t need to fight each other too.

What is so wrong about trying to defend one’s rights? It may be true that using a Constitutional defense is an uphill battle, or even impossible, but I say that is all-the-more reason to do so. On the other hand, it may not be. I’m sure it is also true, as I’ve read here, that such a defense would be laughed at. But, is that not the problem to begin with? After all, we either have a Constitution or we don’t.

Now, you may disagree with what the Constitution says, but then the battle you must fight is changing the Constitution, not beating down others who happen to disagree with you.

I do believe we need to manage the fisheries and stock - I get it. I don’t even mind paying for this service. I do think the MLPAs are ridiculous, as are fees for not having your license on you.

Bottom line for me is that an unchecked government of any kind tends to eventually result in a reduction of individual rights, so whenever I see some folks using their heads to fight for their rights, I say go for it.
LSmoot is offline   Reply With Quote