View Single Post
Old 10-19-2019, 04:53 PM   #1
Amish Ed

Tidelands, 10-19-19

Got to Tidelands at 6. Immediately confirmed that there was biohazard warnings all over the waterline. Thankfully Mitchell had posted that the HOW event was cancelled, so I wasn't surprised when only 3 of us showed up. I had to be in SD anyways, so Mark (thanks) helped me unload the yak and I was fishing by about 7:30.

Light offshore wind, clear skies, and cool. No water movement to speak of all morning, so when the wind would back off, so would the drifts. Water was a bit off color and the fair amount of loose grass was annoying. I didn't hook up the FF, so I don't know the temp, but I did miss having it though. I don't have the dropoffs and structure locations in my head well enough yet.

I fished mostly underspins of varying weights w/varying trailers. No one good bait, though. I got bit on just about everything I threw. But, it was all hen pecks. Finished at 10:30 with 7 short spotties, no legals. A nice guy named Ryan helped me load my yak. By 11:30 I was off to see my mom at the UCSD cardiac unit. Left there about 1:30 and it only took 1hr30min to get home.

All in all, a good day.