View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 03:21 PM   #1
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

The Truth about Kayak Fishing:

The truth of a kayak fisher man
fficeffice" />>>
>>
One day the desire to fish in born within you. You tell yourself I will buy a cheap fishing rod and fish how hard can it be. A few weeks later your reel starts to rust, next thing you know your reel is useless, and you are left with a big fishing stick without a reel. By this time I hope you have learned not to buy the cheap stuff and buy a good Reel and Rod, and while you’re at it you pick out a few more lures and leader lines and maybe a few more weights.
So after a couple of times out on the pier you realize you’re not catching anything, and you tell yourself if you could only reach that spot where the kelp is. So you look in your wallet , yes the one with the hole in it, you realize that after your car payment, mortgage payment, utility bills, and groceries there is hardly any money left to spend. So you start saving….
By now you know that it is not cost effective for a poor guy to own a boat so you realize you can get a kayak and don’t have to spend money on boat maintenance and gas for the boat or registration, so you go out and buy a kayak.
Hopefully, you tested out many kayaks at the rental shop and choose the one you want. So finally you buy a kayak and buy a cheap seat and a cheap paddle your off in the water take out the fishpoles and are having a great time.
Until, you paddle breaks and you realize that you went cheap on the paddle and your should of bought the nice Carbon Fiber Werner paddle. So fine, you buy the nice paddle and now you’re out in the water and THEN you realize you can’t find the fish!!!
So you drop some more money on fish finder/gps and battery with an inline fuse. You go out again and BAM you find the fish. You start catching bait fish, and then you realize you don’t have a bait tank. So you wait until your next paycheck and go out and buy a bait tank.
Well by this time you finally realized that this new hobby is costing a lot more money than you thought.
And let me tell you it’s not over yet:
You find yourself buying more reels and rods more lures, fishing rod leashes for your new reels, gaff, net, A VHF RADIO, a game clip. More lures, fluorocarbon line, more fishing rods and reels.
Well, the best advice I can give anyone who is going to start this hobby is: Don’t tell your wife how much money your things cost.!.@!!!
And the real truth about kayak fishing is:
If you think you’re going to save money and if you think that kayak fishing is only going to cost so much well your DEAD WRONG !!!
Please feel free to add any more truths you have found over the years...
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote