View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 08:47 AM   #14
BT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsafety View Post
Being a frugal guy by nature, kayak fishing is the perfect fit for me. On the other hand, I am also an old guy who should be forgiven for forgetting some of the minor expenses that I may have failed to mention to my wife.

I am headed to the Fred Hall show on Friday and will probably come back with a few necessities that I can't live without. Regardless of the cost, they will surely be worth it. Nope, I won't be telling my wife about those purchases either.
I have won SOOOOO many rod and reel setups on fishing trips I have taken with co-workers on a charter....I AM SOOOOOOO LUCKY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagyak View Post
since then i have gone thru four kayaks, several fish finders, four "new" reels, four new rods, tons of weights, hooks, beads, line, a bait tank, wheels, rack, turbo fins, pdf, paddle, and probably some other items that i have forgotten about.
Ditto! I think the hardest item to convince my wife I needed was a $400 carbon fiber paddle. But after I got it I couldnt have lived without it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetriphudson View Post
Don't forget to figure in the money you earn back by fishing...

Seabass / Halibut / Yellowtail $8 a lb.

Gas not used $4 a gallon.

Gym membership $50 a month.

Psychatrist $200 an hour.

It's cheaper than golf!
Dont forget lobster @ $20 a pound! And some of the halibut prices I have seen lately are ridiculous!

I do get hit up a lot too about the OEX and Squidco charges on our credit card, especially during lobster season. I have solved that problem as I have told my wife I will take over paying the billls and doing our budget!