View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 09:41 AM   #17
JoeBeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchetman View Post
Save the headache and get your wife to go out with you, ya it does double the expense but you get double the gear. Just think how easy it is to get new reels, rods, and tackle by saying "I think you could really use this, it'll make time on the water easier dear." Get her hooked on fishing saves money, your wife will want better gear instead of fine jewelry, at least it works for me. I should also mention that my wife and I have been fishing together since we dated in high school.
X2, my wife was using my old gear now her fishing poles are better than mine . All that said, once you have the gear kayak fishing is not that expensive. Good fishing rods and reels last a long time, same with good tackle if maintained. Compared to a boat I'm saving thousands a year. When I go skiing I'm dropping a good dime on lift tickets, golfing you have green fees. I thought running would be cheap but now I have to get new shoes every couple months along with fees for races. All and all comparative I don't think fishing is that expensive. Really all you need is 1 fishing pole and reel spooled up with line to have a good time.
JoeBeck is offline   Reply With Quote